Donate a Vehicle - FAQs

When you donate a vehicle to Caritas Family Solutions, you provide crucial support needed to fulfill our mission. Your vehicle donation becomes an investment in strengthening the well-being of the community. You may also qualify for a tax deduction while supporting a cause that is near and dear to your heart!

We accept cars, boats, trucks, vans, RVs, motorcycles, and more. To donate a vehicle, simply fill out the form here or call 855-500-RIDE to donate now. Our friendly Customer Service Representatives are here 7 days a week to assist throughout the process.

We’ll arrange for the pick-up of your vehicle donation, at no cost to you. Most vehicles can be picked up within 24-72 hours. You’ll receive an initial car donation receipt upon pick-up and then our team will work to turn your car into cash to support our cause. Once your vehicle is sold, we will provide you proper tax forms in time to file.

Even though we make donating to Caritas Family Solutions easy, we understand that you may have additional questions regarding the car donation process, tax deductions, and DMV regulations. Below is a list of frequently asked questions to help provide answers to questions you may have about donating your used car, truck, RV, boat, camper or other vehicle.  If you are unable to locate the answer to a question you have, please do not hesitate to reach out to one of our live operators at: 855-500-RIDE or click here.

You will need the title to the vehicle, but if you do not have it, please call us anyway. It is possible that other arrangements may be made. Any lien holder listed on the title must be cleared and or released by the bank. This law varies by state. Please refer to the DMV in your state for clear instructions. Please call us toll-free at 855-500-RIDE seven days a week.

Hours of Operation:
7:00am – 9:00pm (CDT), Mon – Fri
8:00am – 7:00pm (CDT), Saturday
10:00am – 6:30pm (CDT), Sunday

No. You may donate your vehicle without a smog certificate or safety inspection.

All vehicles are considered! We accept cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RVs, motorcycles, campers, off-road vehicles, heavy equipment and most other motorized vehicles. If you have any additional questions about what you can donate or specific questions about your potential vehicle donation, please call us toll-free at 855-500-RIDE seven days a week during regular hours of operation

Yes! We can accept most vehicles running or not. However, it must have an engine and be towable. To find out if we can accept your vehicle, please complete our secure online vehicle donation form or call us toll-free at 855-500-RIDE seven days a week during regular hours of operation.

Yes! We can provide quick and convenient vehicle pick-up and towing just about anywhere in all 50 of the United States. If you are outside of Florida and wish to donate to National Pediatric Cancer Foundation, please contact us via our secure online vehicle donation form or call us toll-free at 855-500-RIDE seven days a week during regular hours of operation.

Once you have provided us with all necessary information via the online vehicle donation form or over the phone with one of our operators, we will arrange to have your vehicle picked up at a scheduled time convenient for you. The vehicle will be picked up by a licensed tow company at no cost to you. The vehicle will be taken to one of our many sale locations where it will be sold.

We will contact you within two to three business days to schedule an appointment time that is convenient for you. If you need your car picked up sooner, please let our operators know during your initial call. We will do our best to accommodate your time frame. For more specific information pertaining to your vehicle donation, please call us at 855-500-RIDE during regular hours of operation.

Donors are not responsible for determining the deductible value of their donation. The nonprofit organization will report the gross proceeds raised from the sale of the vehicle to the donor and IRS. Before filing your taxes, we suggest you review IRS Publication 4303 which sets forth the manner in which the IRS requires you to determine the value of your donated property.

Yes! Your vehicle donation is tax-deductible. The amount that is tax-deductible is the sale price of the vehicle. You will receive an initial donation receipt from the tow driver at the time of your vehicle pick-up. This initial acknowledgement will indicate your name as well as the year, make, model and condition of the vehicle you are donating. You will then be mailed a tax receipt within 30 days of the sale of the vehicle. This will be your only receipt if your vehicle sells for less than $500.

If your vehicle sells for more than $500 and your tax identification number has been provided, an IRS Form 1098-C, ‘Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes’, will be mailed to you within 30 days of the sale stating the amount of gross proceeds received from your donation. Individual tax situations vary. For specific tax-related questions, please consult your tax advisor or refer to IRS Publication 4303.

Please call us at 855-500-RIDE during regular hours of operation and we would be happy to help you.

According to the tax law effective January 1, 2005, if the claimed value of the donated vehicle exceeds $500, the taxpayer is limited to the gross proceeds of the sale.

Effective January 1, 2005, you will no longer be required to have vehicles appraised. The value you may claim will be the amount of gross proceeds received from your vehicle.

While we are always open to answering any questions you may have, we realize that some donors will wish to have a more thorough and in depth knowledge of IRS requirements for charitable donations. If you would like to do some of your own reading up on the requirements the IRS has for car donors, here are some links:

If you still have questions please feel free to reach out to us toll-free at 855-500-RIDE seven days a week during regular hours of operation.

Each state has different criteria on how notification is made. Some states require the license plates to be returned to the SOS and other states may require a Release of Liability to be submitted to your local Office of the Secretary of State. Please contact your State SOS for directions on how to notify the state that you are no longer the owner of the vehicle.