Providing Adoption Services in Illinois since 1947
Caritas Family Solutions promotes open adoption in Illinois as well as international adoption by matching families waiting to adopt a child with birth parents who have chosen adoption for their child. The adoptive families then provide our adoption agency with regular updates regarding the child which are shared with the birth parents. Open adoptions are the basis of our Adoption from the Heart program.
As an accredited Illinois adoption agency, Caritas Family Solutions also provides adoption services to clients who already have a prospective match or may have already received a child placement on their own. This includes family counseling to assist with the transition. The Adoption from the Heart program can also assist clients with networking opportunities and other services. International home studies and post placement services are also available for families who wish to adopt a child from another country.
Our Illinois adoption agency requires the following:
- Adoption applicants must be at least 21 years of age, single or a legally recognized couple for at least one year
- Applicants must be willing to at least provide child updates with pictures to the adoption agency on a yearly basis
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to the mission and the core values of Caritas Family Solutions
Additional information about infant adoption:
- The adoption home study process can take 3 to 6 months to complete
- A home study involves background checks, self-studies, a marriage or personality assessment, individual and couple interviews, medical clearances, reference checks, and training
- The wait time for a placement is unpredictable because birth parents choose families from viewing their profiles
- The Adoption from the Heart program places 8 to 12 infants for adoption each year
Support Life By Supporting Adoption in Illinois
Adoption, pregnancy care and family counseling services at Caritas Family Solutions are provided to birth parents free of charge regardless of their decision to parent or place their child for adoption. Supporting the Adoption From the Heart program is literally empowering the choice of life. Your support allows us to remain effective in facilitating adoptions in Illinois. Please support Adoption From the Heart so birth parents who have chosen life for their baby will receive the necessary guidance and support. Donate Now
Feel free to Contact Us with questions.