With the philosophy that birth mothers deserve the opportunity for a successful future after adoption, the Bright Futures scholarship fund will support the educational goals of birth mothers in order to help them reach their career and life ambitions. The Endres family established this scholarship in 2017 with personal gifts along with funds from events held specifically for the scholarship fund.
The birth mother…
- must be a current client of Caritas Family Solutions, or up to one-year post-placement
- shall have placed her child for adoption in or after the year 2016
- must be accepted to a college or trade school
- show financial need
- must be drug-free
- must work a minimum of 10 hours per week
- shall write an essay about their personal adoption story
- is eligible for up to two semesters of classes, with payment made directly to the college or trade school
In order to qualify for additional funds the following semester, recipient must:
- maintain a 2.5 or higher grade point average (GPA)
- complete a scholarship application form and submit it prior to the next semester’s deadline
- provide a copy of their transcript from the previous semester
- deadline to apply for a fall scholarship is the prior June 1st.
- deadline to apply for a spring scholarship is the prior November 1st
The following items will be required:
- a copy of applicant’s most recent tax return
- a 400-word essay about the applicant’s adoption journey
- a letter of verification of placement from the agency or attorney
- proof of acceptance to the school
NOTE: Choosing adoption does not guarantee a scholarship will be available to the birth mother. The number of scholarships and the amount of each award might vary depending on the number of applicants applying.
For more information, call 618-213-8732 or 618-353-5294.