Ensuring the safety and well-being of children in their own home helps to prevent them from entering foster care and keeps the family intact. Families referred by the Illinois Department of Child and Family Services are provided with assistance to assess their strengths and needs, set goals, identify resources, learn new skills and change behaviors that put their children at risk.
- Case management that monitors families regularly to ensure needed services are being received.
- Counseling for adults, children, couples and families, including referrals for both inpatient and outpatient drug treatment programs.
- A variety of physical, mental and behavioral health services made available to families in their homes
- Parenting classes to help improve the parenting practices of families
- Referrals to other community-based services such as support groups, food pantries, housing, employment training and continuing education programs.
Intact Family Services are currently offered through our regional office in Mt. Vernon for cases in Jefferson, Marion, Wayne, Clay and Hamilton counties in Illinois. For more information, call 618-244-0344 or toll free 877-277-3773.