Since 1947, Caritas Family Solutions has done extraordinary work to create loving homes and build strong communities. With our mission to strengthen families and communities by helping others to live healthy lives, Caritas needs everyone to advocate for good public policy to support this mission. Without community input, our priorities in Child Welfare, Foster Care, Senior Care, and Juvenile Justice will lose critical government policy and funding support.
Caritas needs YOU to have an impact on public policy decisions. To be an advocate in your community does not simply mean lobbying on a specific piece of legislation.
See below for ways you can make a meaningful impact in your local community.
- Keep informed and take action on timely issues (like HB5254/SB2547, SB2662/HB4801 and SB2628/HB4802 that would help stabilize the child welfare workforce.)
- Communicate with lawmakers in the Illinois General Assembly about child welfare policy and the value of investing in human services. Find your representatives here.
- Make sure to vote for candidates with priorities in the progress of social services.
- Learn about the services that Caritas has to offer in your community.
- Educate yourself about the social concerns in your community, i.e. how many children are in the child welfare system, how many adults will retire and require assisted living, how many children are involved in the juvenile justice system.
- Engage with your community locally and tell everyone you know about Caritas!
- Host a community conversation with your friends, coworkers or neighbors. Learn about what people say are their aspirations for your community and talk about how you can work together to address challenges.