Ca-ri-tas (kar e tas) n. “charity or love; an unlimited loving kindness toward others.”
Our third annual Caritas Day will take place Wednesday, July 31, 2019, the 72nd anniversary of our founding as a nonprofit agency. Caritas Day is a celebration of the successes experienced by thousands of individuals, children and families who we’ve served over the years, and a day of giving to support those who need our services today.
Everyone can participate in Caritas Day by making a monetary gift to benefit the services provided by the agency, by volunteering their time and talents, and/or by taking the Caritas Calendar Challenge to stock our client Resource Center!
Ways you can participate in Caritas Day 2019:
- Attend the Ribbon Cutting and Open House from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at our Regional Office, 321 S. 10th St., Mt. Vernon, IL 62864. Refreshments will be served.
- Make an online donation on or before July 31, 2019. Then create your own online fundraiser (by clicking the box on the donation form) to invite others to join you in our day of giving!
- Follow us on Facebook , Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter for updates and exciting news throughout the day! Please like, share, and comment on our posts!
- Participate in the Caritas Calendar Challenge to help stock the Resource Center! Donations will be accepted July 31st from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at any Caritas location. If you are unable to drop off an item but want to help, check out our wish list on Amazon.com! The Resource Center provides needed essentials for clients in ALL our programs and regions.
- Volunteer for one of our Caritas Day events or projects. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 618-213-8716 for more information
- Sponsor Caritas Day to maximize our impact! Contact Carly Jones at 618-213-8746 for details.
Check back often for updates!