Each year, November is Adoption Awareness Month and Caritas celebrates adoptions by showing faces of Caritas adoptions! During the annual campaign, you can help Caritas spread awareness and raise funds through a special social media campaign!
Adoption is a lifelong journey and a commitment from the biological parents, adoptive parents and Caritas. It is a journey that includes a multitude of emotions such as, love, excitement and fulfillment, but it might also include grief and loss, identity issues and guilt. Caritas is passionate about meeting the needs of everyone involved and providing care and support to the birth parents, children and adoptive parents.
Caritas provides the following support to mothers who decide to parent:
- Emotional support to the biological mother the day she contacts the agency
- Financial support including assistance with transportation costs, counseling needs, clothes, food, diapers, wipes, car seats, formula and clothing
Caritas provides the following support to mothers who place their child for adoption:
- Support to facilitate a healthy relationship with adoption family
- Annual contact with adoption family including an exchange of pictures
- Promotion of open adoption
- Counseling services
Caritas Family Solutions is an accredited international and domestic adoption agency.
- $10 newborn diapers
- $15 bus pass booklet -birthparents transportation to medical visits and appointments with the birthparent Counselor
- $20 memory necklace for birthparents
- $25 clothing item for a newborn to be given to birthparents who parent
- $50 infant car seat
- $50 an hour of birthparent counseling